Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Study on desulphurization of hot metal using different agents
KTH, School of Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM), Industrial Economics and Management (Dept.).ORCID iD: 0000-0002-3548-8638
2015 (English)In: Proceedings of the 6th International Congress on the Science and Technology of Steelmaking, ICS 2015, Chinese Society for Metals , 2015, p. 49-52Conference paper, Published paper (Refereed)
Abstract [en]

The abilities of the different agents to desulfurize hot metal under the same experimental conditions were compared. For pure Mg, 90% of the addition rushed out in less than 2 seconds. MgS was formed on particles of MgO originating from the surface of Mg granules. The remaining dissolved Mg (<10%) in hot metal continued to form MgS on the surface of micro particles. Single CaO particles desulfurize hot metal by forming CaS. In the case of CaC2, an outer layer of CaS grew around the particle. An inner layer of graphite was detected between the CaS layer and the CaC2. Large CaO particles and agglomerates of CaO led to the formation of 2CaO.SiO2. It hindered further utilization of CaO. Formation of 2CaO.SiO2 was favoured by a high oxygen potential. Adding mixtures of lime and Mg showed that Mg improved the ability of commercial lime. The use of fluidized lime was found to have great advantage over the commonly used lime.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Chinese Society for Metals , 2015. p. 49-52
Keywords [en]
CaC2, Desulfurization, Flucal, Hot Metal, Lime, Mg, Fluidization, Magnesium, Metals, Particles (particulate matter), Steelmaking, CaC2, Desulphurization, Experimental conditions, Further utilization, High oxygens, Micro particles
National Category
Materials Engineering
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-194673Scopus ID: 2-s2.0-84983130254OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kth-194673DiVA, id: diva2:1050575
Conference
6th International Congress on the Science and Technology of Steelmaking, ICS 2015, 12 May 2015 through 14 May 2015
Note

QC 20161129

Available from: 2016-11-29 Created: 2016-10-31 Last updated: 2016-11-29Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

No full text in DiVA

Scopus

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Du, Sichen
By organisation
Industrial Economics and Management (Dept.)
Materials Engineering

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 37 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf