Change search
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Dissociative recombination of the thioformyl (HCS+) and carbonyl sulfide (OCS+) cations
KTH, School of Chemical Science and Engineering (CHE), Chemistry.
KTH, School of Engineering Sciences (SCI), Physics.
Show others and affiliations
2005 (English)In: Astrophysical Journal, ISSN 0004-637X, E-ISSN 1538-4357, Vol. 631, no 1, 653-659 p.Article in journal (Refereed) Published
Abstract [en]

Branching ratios and absolute cross sections have been measured for the dissociative recombination of HCS+ and OCS+ at the CRYRING ion storage ring. In the case of OCS+, the channel leading to CO + S ( 83%) dominates, whereas the other exoergic pathways leading to CS + O (14%) and C + SO (3%) are of lesser importance. In the case of HCS+, fracture of the C - S bond is predominant (81%), with the production of H + CS accounting for the remainder (19%). The cross section of the reaction could be fitted by the expressions sigma = 1.41 x 10(-15)E(eV)(-1.11) and 4.47 x 10(-16)E(eV) (-1.14) cm(2) for HCS+ and OCS+, respectively. The derived energy dependences of the thermal reaction rate coefficients can be fitted by k(T) 9.7 x 10(-7)(T/300)(-0.57) and 3.5 x 10(-7)(T/300)(-0.62) cm(3) s(-1) for HCS+ and OCS+, respectively. We use these data to perform model calculations on the HCS+/CS abundance ratio in dark clouds and find that the models using the UMIST and Ohio State University databases have even more difficulty in accounting for the large observed ratio.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2005. Vol. 631, no 1, 653-659 p.
Keyword [en]
astrochemistry, ISM : clouds, ISM : molecules
National Category
Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology
URN: urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-38024DOI: 10.1086/432253ISI: 000231959100053ScopusID: 2-s2.0-27744465900OAI: diva2:436559
QC 20110824Available from: 2011-08-24 Created: 2011-08-19 Last updated: 2011-08-24Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

No full text

Other links

Publisher's full textScopus

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Montaigne, HelenÖsterdahl, Fabian
By organisation
In the same journal
Astrophysical Journal
Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

Altmetric score

Total: 21 hits
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link