Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
A Data Parallel Implementation of O(N) Hierarchical N–body Methods
KTH, School of Computer Science and Communication (CSC), Centres, Centre for High Performance Computing, PDC. (Parallelldatorcentrum)
1996 (English)Conference paper, Published paper (Refereed)
Abstract [en]

The O(N) hierarchical N-body algorithms and massively parallel processors allow particle systems of 100 million particles or more to be simulated in acceptable time. We describe a data-parallel implementation of Anderson's method and demonstrate both efficiency and scalability of the implementation on the Connection Machine CM-5/5E systems. The communication time for large particle systems amounts to about 10%-25%, and the overall efficiency is about 35%, corresponding to a performance of about 60 Mflop/s per CM-5E node, independent of the number of nodes.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
1996.
Keyword [en]
FAST MULTIPOLE METHOD; PARTICLE SIMULATIONS; ALGORITHM; PROGRAM
National Category
Computer and Information Science
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-64551OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kth-64551DiVA: diva2:483122
Conference
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SUPERCOMPUTER APPLICATIONS AND HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING
Note
NR 20140805Available from: 2012-01-24 Created: 2012-01-24Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

No full text

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Johnsson, Lennart
By organisation
Centre for High Performance Computing, PDC
Computer and Information Science

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 23 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf