MEXICO AND THE NORTHERN COUNTRIES INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES
Independent thesis Advanced level (degree of Master (Two Years)), 20 credits / 30 HE creditsStudent thesis
ProMéxico is the Mexican Government institution in charge of strengthening Mexico’s participation in the international economy by supporting trade, direct investment in Mexico and the internationalization of Mexican Companies abroad. Funded by the Mexican Ministry of Economy with direct collaboration with the Mexican Foreign Embassy’s, there are 27 offices around the world. ProMéxico Stockholm oversees both the Nordic Countries and the Baltic Regions.
ProMéxico consulting services are mainly focused in promoting benefits and incentives of investment in Mexico, aiding in the decision-making with industry information, business plans, establishing Business-to-Business (B2B) partners, creating joint ventures, assessing in the soft-landing for establishing the company and finally reviewing the satisfaction as a after-care for future re-investments.
According to the 2013–2027 National Energy Strategy published by the Federal Government Ministry of Energy, renewable energies are going to play a major role to achieve their main objectives: Energetic sustainability, environmental and energetic efficiency and Energy Security. Additionally national private companies have adopted renewable energy sources for either economic benefits or social-environmental awareness. For these reasons, ProMéxico Stockholm has developed a strategy to take advantage of the lower manufacturing cost of Mexico, the technological development of Scandinavia and the Mexican demand for Renewable Energies to create investment opportunities. The basic strategy includes:
- Review of the current energy sector and their roadmaps.
- Identify possible renewable energy projects plans both for private and public sectors with the aid of different local and foreign government branches leaders, industry associations, representatives chambers of commerce and clients.
- Establish B2B partners by promoting, attending or creating renewable energy seminars, conferences, trade fairs or direct contact.
- Give a consultancy on technology and considerations to achieve project objectives.
- Follow the development of the opportunity until its formalized.
- Assess and inform the impediments found to create investment to policy makers for future reviews of incentives.
The major challenge is to identify and coordinate all the different participants of the sector due to the lack of information of investment opportunities to foreign companies and the lack of communication between different Government Branches with the private sector
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2013. , 30 p.
Mexico, Energy, Investment, Scandinavia, Sweden, Denmark, Renewable, Electricity, Biogas
Other Environmental Engineering
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-140953OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kth-140953DiVA: diva2:693702
Subject / course
Master of Science - Management and Engineering of Environment and Energy
2013-07-01, Jury A, 4 Rue Alfred Kastler, 44300 Nantes, France, Na, 09:30 (English)
Arias, Jaime, Universitetsadjunkt